Lonely Planet Portugal by Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Portugal is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stand at Europe’s southwestern edge on the barren cliffs of Cabo de Sao Vicente, stretch a towel on the golden sands of Algarve and hear soulful fado in Lisbon; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Portugal and begin your journey now
- Inside Lonely Planet’s Portugal Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – architecture, arts, music, religion, history, wine, cuisine
- Over 70 maps
- Covers Lisbon, the Algarve, Porto, the Douro valley, Faro, Sintra, Evora, the Alentejo, the Beiras, Coimbra, the Minho, Estremadura and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Portugal, our most comprehensive guide to Portugal, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Lisbon? Check out Lonely Planet’s Pocket Lisbon a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ — Fairfax Media
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times